your page every time you visit to make sure
that changes are reflected on your computer screen!
Revised May 2017Recipes
Spinich Bread Dip
- Very similar to the standard spinich dip but a bit better.
- salsa, cream cheese, etc. rolled into flour tortillas and then cut into rollsCancun Shrimp Cocktail
- A very good version of this traditional dish
- white buttermilk cornbread, best in cast iron
New - Aunt Jenny's Baked Salmon
- Super simple, super tasty, moist and flaky.Bow Ties with Sausage, Tomatoes, and Cream
- very tasty, no regular veggies.Bow Tie Pasta Primavera with Italian Sausage, Veggies, and Ground Beef Chicken Enchiladas
- Rolled flour tortillas, covered in a sauce and cheese and baked
- Tender Boneless Chicken cooked in a cream sauce and served over noodlesNew - Chicken Pot Pie
- Uses pre-made pie crusts, easy and probably the best I have ever had. Thanks Tim.
- Small Chicken bits in a curry cream sauce served with rice or noodles
Dan's Pretty Good Stuffed Shells
(like Lasagne but in shells)New - Goulash
- Recipe from Jennifer's mother, served over noodles.Mac and Cheese
(our newest version) a really good mac and cheese bake with a crunchy top and with optional ham bits cooked in. From Mr. Food
Peppered Shrimp Alfredo
- whole shrimp in an alfredo sauce with red peppers and a slight spice to it.
- Super! Serve with mashed potatoes since it makes lots of tasty gravy.
SauerKraut with Pork Roast
- a real German sauerkraut with a tender pork roast, slightly sweet. Serve with mashed potatoes for a real German meal.
Tacos in Pasta Shells
- Taco mixture stuffed into large pasta shells and covered with sauce, cheese and crushed tortilla chips
- Really tasty, no tomato, can be made completely vegetarian if needed.
New - Clam Chowder
- This one won a cooking contest and was then disqualified for being so
simple. We have a yearly soup dinner and have to make a triple
batch and it is still emptied. This is along with four other
soups. Thanks Marilyn.Cream of Italian Tomato Basil Soup
- Very rich, thick and tasty. Eat it as a soup or use it as a sauce for pasta.
Quick Beef Soup
- Hearty beef and tomato soup with a few veggies but this can be
modified to suit you. Includes Orzo, a very small pasta that
looks like rice. Not thick.
Ranchero Supper Stew
- Thick and hearty soup with a Tex-Mex flair. Updated.
- Oh,my! Good soup served with tortilla chips, sour cream, cheddar cheese and....
Turkey Noodle Soup
- Use a turkey carcass or make it from scratch with roast turkey and broth.New - White Chicken Chili
- This is not usually something I like but this one is the exception.
Apple Spice Cake
- Very moist, flavorful, rich, with obvious chunks
- Very moist, and a strong banana flavor.
- Traditional muffins made from scratch, great fresh.
Butterfinger Dessert - Frozen
- This is very popular to take to pot luck dinners.
Butter Rich Spritz Cookies
- Traditional butter cookie with super flavor, but a simple cookie. New - Butter Almond Tart
- A dense and very tasty cake with almonds on top. Nicely chewy and crunchy.Cappuccino Brownies
Three layers of goodness, "To die for! The best that your wife has ever made!" according to one of our teachers.
- Chocolate dipping sauce, served hot.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Great frosting for use in many cakes.New - Creme de Menthe Squares
Diamond Carrot Cake
- Classic carrot cake recipe from Diamond Nut company.
Double Chocolate Dream Cookies
- Rich chocolate cookies with chocolate chips.
Fruit Dip Appetizer
- Dip fruit pieces into it or just grab a spoon and go at it.New - Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake
- This is the real deal as far as chocolate cake goes.
Jamborees Apricot Cookies
- Old fashioned cookie with apricot topping - very tasty shortbread style.New - Lady Finger Chocolate Mousse Cake
- this was a favorite of my wife's family and is now one of ours.
Marshmallow Cream Fudge
- The OLD recipe for marshmallow cream fudge - over 30 years old.
- Chocolate and coconut in layers in a sheet.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
- Slightly crispy on the edges, an oatmeal cookie lover's favorite.
Somehow better than other, similar recipies. Creamier.New - Orange Drops
- Cookies that are more cakelike and have a very flavorful frosting.
- Classic brittle, follow the directions carefully and it will be light and crunchy.
Peanut Butter Fudge
- Rich, with lots of peanut butter and it sets up nicely.
Pecan Sandies Cookies
- Like the store bought cookies, but lighter and perhaps more flavor.
Poppy Seed Cake
- This is the one! A classic cake, moist with rich flavor, dusted with powdered sugar.
- Very full flavor and just the right firmness, just like they used to be.
- Moist and Flavorful, started in a cold oven, traditional but the best I have had.
Raspbery Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Wow! Lots of flavors and textures and gets lots of compliments.
Snicker doodle cookies
- Classic cookies but still a favorite. Cinnamon and sugar coat this great cookie.
- Great cake, firm, with a slightly crunchy streak running through it.Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie
A real winner, we take this to pot luck events and everyone
is impressed. It tends to be a favorite on the dessert table.
Sour Cream Banana Bars
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- A sure bet to please. Serve with coffee, or not, makes a 9" round cake.
Super Duper Crispy Ginger Snaps
- A real ginger snap with a rich molasses flavor. This cookie keeps well and does not crumble.New - Swedish Apple Pie
- So easy and REALLY good. Serve with vanilla ice cream. The top crust is a star with this one.New - Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets
- A nice copycat recipe for something that we just can't get in
Michigan. My wife used to make them when students were reading
Maniac Magee since these were the favorite of the title character and
our students are just not familier with these "tasty cakes".